It wasn't as good as last week but I did like it. The case was kinda cool, I especially liked the death scene in the elevator. Very nicely done.
I found Olivia and Lincoln pretty cute tbh. The scene in the diner and then when he says, 'you can do it but you don't have to.' <3 They seemed natural and a parallel to P/O who were all crazy and epic and universe jumping and saving. It also brought back my feelings about the way P/O were written in the second half of S3 (until about 'Stowaway' anyway). Grr. Still think it was sloppy.
I also liked Lincoln's scenes with Peter where Peter is all understanding and 'this Olivia is not my Olivia' because he's learned from the P/O clusterfuck that was S3. There wasn't enough Peter but I liked what there was. Dude is awesome this season.
Oh, cliffhanger. Poor Olivia. *all the hugs* Is that cortexiphan they're dosing her with?
I knew Nina couldn't be trusted. I still want more back-story about Nina taking Olivia and Rachel in. But I feel we might get that soon.
I also saw the promo for what should have been the fall finale, and just, fuck you, Fox. Fuck. You. Now it's January. January
2. Yuletide sign-up complete. \o/ I was struggling a little for a 4th request but I found one and now I'm pretty excited. The list of fandoms that ended up in my bucket offer was hilarious. To say it was diverse is understating it. My letter will be forth-coming.
3. There exists in the world a photo of Alex O'Loughlin with his tattoos and his scruff and his everything playing an electric guitar. Not helping, Alex. A WORLD of not helping. Ngh. *brain offline*
I need to find August Rush
4. My laptop scared the hell out of me about 2 hours ago. It beeped and then shut down and then ... nothing. Nothing at all. Cue rending of garments. I finally tried plugging it in without its battery and yes, we have laptop. So it's a battery thing. I'm pretty relieved - although with all things Apple it's not going to be the cheapest thing to replace.
5. I start my new job tomorrow (it's a contract through to the end of March). I was reading up on some things and ahahaha I'm going to be busy and at work far earlier than I am normally. All the coffee. All the coffee. I don't like early morning meetings ... that's going to have to change.
6. Also I just need to say this:
Dear New Zealand,
I hope that the poll showing NZ First closing in on 5% was a grievous statistical error and in no way reflects your current voting intentions.
Did we not learn from last time?! We do not need Winston Peters back in Parliament. *shudders*
Yours in bafflement, aworldinside
Edit: As china_shop
rightly points out in the comments, it would potentially stop National getting an outright majority which is indeed not a bad thing. I just really dislike the idea of Winston in a position with such power all over again, but I guess, democracy can be messy and a proportional voting system is still better than anything else.Crossposted here ( comments).